The Time and Date:
The Event: the annual tasting of Bouchard Pere et Fils and William Fevre Chablis, this time the 2006 vintage, with Luc Bouchard attending nto provide insight into the wines, appellations and vintage.
The Venue: Royal Canadian Yacht Club,
The Target Audience: sommeliers, wine media, beverage managers.
The Availability/Catalogue: all wines are available by private order, usually in six bottle cartons. Many wines were not shown, but are available for ordering. We tasted almost four dozen wines, representing the crus, the wines already at the LCBO (General and Vintages), and some previous vintages.
The Quote: "Bouchard has 185 acres of Premier Cru and 30 acres of Grand Cru. Fevre has 29 acres of Premier Cru and 34 acres of Grand Cru."
**** Four Stars (
-Bouchard Pere et Fils Meursault Les Clous 2006 ($61)
- " Beaune du Château 2006 Blanc ($50)
- " Meursault Genevrières 2006 ($114)
- " Perrières 2006 ($117)
- " Pommard 2006 ($75) my fave on a QPR basis, value
- " Chambolle Musigny 2006 ($68)
- " Le Corton 2006 ($128)
- William Fevre Chablis 2006 Les Preuses ($99)
- Bouchard Pere et Fils Corton-Charlemagne 2006 ($200)
- " Chevalier-Montrachet ($394)
- " Beaune-Teurons 2006 ($64)
- " Volnay Caillerets Ancienne Cuvee Carnot 2006 ($96)
- " Clos Vougeot 2006 ($210)
- " Meursault Gouttes d'Or 2006 ($114)
- William Fevre Chablis Fourchaume 2006 ($51)
- " Les Clos Grand Cru 2006 ($112)
*** Three Stars (
- " Gevrey Chambertin 2006 ($62)
The Food: a good assortment of cheeses at room temperature, along with breads and crackers and fruit.
The Downside: oh those prices
The Upside: there were great values amongst the lower price generic brands, at the LCBO. Check out the Chablis Champs Royaux 2006, well-rounded at $22, or the Bouchard Pere et Fils Pouilly-Fuisse at $27.
The Contact Person: email@example.com
The Effectiveness (numerical grade): 93.