A reference guide to wine and food: look it up, and you'll remember it longer; screw it up, and you'll remember it forever.
The Time and Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 11AM to 6 PM
The Event: Discovering
Abruzzo & Puglia wines.
The Venue: Hart House
The Target Audience: wine trade and importers.
The Availability/Catalogue: none of the wines are available in this marketplace.
The Quote/Background: there were six wine producers, plus olive oil vendors, baked goods, dried tomatoes. All were seeking representation.
**** Four Stars (91+ in Quality/Price Rating terms):
- Colle Moro Pecorino 2008 Frizzante Abruzzo
***1/2 Three and a Half Stars (88 90 in Quality/Price Rating terms):
- Az.Agric. Ciavolich Abruzzo Pecorino 2007
- Az.Agric. Ciavolich Abruzzo Antrum 2003
- Colle Moro Pecorino 2007 Abruzzo
- L'Antica Cantina San Severo Castrum Bianco 2007 Puglia
*** Three Stars (85 87 in Quality/Price Rating terms):
- Colle Moro Trebbiano d'Abruzzo 2007
- Antica Enotria Organic Falu Rosso 2007 IGT Puglia
- Antica Enotria Organic Nero di Troia 2006 IGT Puglia
- Casaltrinita Coppamadra 2006 IGT Puglia
- Casaltrinita Terre di Corte 2007 IGT Puglia
- Capestrano Pecorino 2007 Abruzzo
The Food: breads, nuts, olives, gorgonzola, Parmigiano Reggiano, and the like.
The Downside: I had four events that day, backtobacktoback, and I had to rush out.
The Upside: a chance for great cheeses which went well with the wines.
The Contact Person: email@example.com
The Marketing Effectiveness (numerical grade): 83.
Post a Comment